Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So far so...good?

I'm rather proud to report that, twelve days into the school year, I have yet to drive Eli to school while wearing my pajamas.  This is not to say that I would win a beauty contest (or, sadly, be a runner-up for Miss Congeniality...but that's a whole other topic).  I continue to hold my (funky morning) breath all the way, wondering if this will be the morning I have a flat tire and must face the world with Tina Turner hair and pillow creases on my cheeks.
I've been fairly successful so far in being more organized.  I remembered to send lunch money and to join the PTA.  I returned all the various paperwork in a timely fashion.  I even salvaged Box Tops from items in our pantry.  I remembered (ok, just this morning) that Eli's teacher said he could take a water bottle for these hot days.  Eli was sweet enough to inform me that he's been the only student without one.  Sigh.
Eli has made the transition surprisingly well (honestly, I'm shocked).  He gets up in the morning without grumbling and cheerfully completes his homework in the evening (except for a minor incident with cursive, which is the bane of his existence).  We've even breezed through two whole Mondays without a call from the school nurse stating that Eli was complaining of a stomach ache, sore throat, or (insert obscure ailment here).
Ah, but I'm not naive enough to believe these carefree days will last.  I'm fairly certain we shall return to our slacker ways.  Soon I'll be tossing Eli a waffle as we race out the door...him without his backpack and me sporting leopard-print pajama pants.

1 comment:

  1. and here I was thinking leopard print was perfectly acceptable. Thanks for ruining my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete