Saturday, January 28, 2012

Joy Comes In The Morning


I heard this song tonight while cleaning our church building.  I used to listen to it over and over while driving back and forth to the hospital.  Twice a day during shift change in the ICU, we weren't allowed back in Jason's room.  In the mornings, I would often take this time to race home and shower before quickly heading back so I could be first in line when they opened the doors.  I felt something akin to a panic attack each time I left him even for this short period of time.  I would walk out of the hospital while the sun was beginning to rise, and marvel that life outside those four walls seemed to be business as usual.  I felt overwhelmed wondering what the future held for our family.  As the first notes of this song began to play, I would feel a calmness come over me.  While I navigated the streets home, I quietly handed my turmoil and doubts over to God.
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."  (Psalm 30:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment