Thursday, March 7, 2013

Surgery

We are thankful to have Jason's surgery behind us.  They placed a catheter in his abdomen so we can do peritoneal dialysis at home.  We will begin dialysis in two weeks, after the site has time to heal.  The actual procedure took less than an hour, and went very well.  We stayed a couple hours after the surgery since he was experiencing some nausea.  He's been in quite a bit of pain since we've been home, and finally just fell asleep on the couch.  We're hoping the pain medicine will at least take the edge off soon. 
Jason was in an especially silly mood last night.  He wasn't able to wear any jewelry during surgery, so took his wedding ring off last night.  He threw his arms up in the air, did a little dance, and exclaimed, "I'm single!"  
We appreciate all the prayers, messages, and texts.  Thank you to Keith, who sat with me while I fidgeted.  We are exceedingly grateful to have so much support.
"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me; my glory, and the one who lifts my head." (Psalm 3:3)



No comments:

Post a Comment