Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

My mind is fairly spinning thinking about the blessings I've received over the past several days.  I am so thankful for the unwavering encouragement from family and friends.  I am constantly in awe of the outpouring of love that I receive.
I keep wondering when my sister will tire of coming to my rescue.  I didn't even realize I was in need of being saved this time.  She must have sensed a quiet despair growing within me.  Not only did she orchestrate my escape, she stepped in and took my place while I was gone.  She gave Jason insulin shots like a pro and distracted a sad little boy.  I will forever be grateful she insisted I make this trip.
While I was in Houston, I was amazed to hear that the cost of my buddy pass airline ticket had been covered.  My sister told me that several friends from church had contributed towards this.  Even when she told people she had enough, they continued to hand her money.  She used part of the extra money to fill our car with gas.  Today she brought me a book I'd asked her to pick up at the library for me.  Whenever we talked on the phone this afternoon, she kept asking if I'd had a chance to read yet.  Finally, when my friend Jennie came over tonight, she discovered the rest of the collected money tucked away inside the book!  While I was gone, another friend treated Jason and Eli to a yummy lunch from McAlister's Deli.  Two other friends also took a delighted Eli on a miniature golf outing.
My sister asked friends to write me encouraging notes so I could read them on my return flight.  During those first anxious moments after takeoff, these beautiful words soothed me.  I've received more notes since I've gotten home.  I plan to read these during difficult times, and will treasure them.
When I got home on Tuesday, I found a marvelous surprise waiting for me.  Because our apartment is rather small, the computer is set up in our laundry/storage room.  My sister had spent hours transforming this area into a beautiful writing niche for me.  She organized the storage items and hid them behind curtains.  My friend Jennie purchased the curtains, a bulletin board, inspirational plaques, pretty storage bins, and antique writing supplies to decorate the top of my desk.  I now have my own special getaway right in the comfort of my home!
One of the notes I received said, "I pray God will refill your cup until it continually runneth over."  God consistently shows His love for me through the kindness and generosity of those around me.  I am truly grateful.
"And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."  (Colossians 3:14)

2 comments: