Friday, March 30, 2012

Not Destroyed

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."  (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)

This evening I told my sister this verse aptly describes my feelings while trying to manage Jason's disability benefits and insurance.  It seems that each time I feel as though we can breathe easier, another glitch comes along to steal my tranquility.  I found out today that our monthly benefit will be reduced in April due to unforeseen circumstances within the system.  While this came as a complete shock to me, God was already quietly working behind the scenes.  This past Sunday, our family received an anonymous gift that was very close to the amount we will be lacking.

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I'll bet people need to hear your stories almost as much as you needed that money. God bless your little family and the faith and trust you constantly remind us to have.

    ReplyDelete