Friday, September 21, 2012

A Bump In The Road

If the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" holds true, I should be developing some mighty biceps.  While Jason and I were out on Wednesday, our car started making awful noises and died in an intersection.  We enjoyed a lovely ride home in a tow truck, and hoped for an easy repair solution.  We realized this was not to be the case after our friend worked tirelessly to diagnose the problem.  It seems we've been losing oil somehow, although there were no telltale indicators such as puddles on the pavement or funky colors of smoke from the exhaust.  Although I'm not mechanically savvy, even I would not have ignored a warning light on my dash...if only it had come on.  We are now the proud owners of a 2004 car with 116,000 miles and new tires, new brakes, new spark plugs, a full tank of gas...and a ruined engine.  

 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.  "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace." (Isaiah 55:8-9,12)

No comments:

Post a Comment