Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength

I didn't feel strong.  Weary, wilted and old?  Absolutely.  But, strong?  Not even a little bit.  I'd ended up cleaning two houses today, with a break in between for a sandwich and sitcom with Jason.  After nearly eight hours of dusting, scrubbing bathrooms, and mopping, I finally dragged myself home.
I was immediately greeted by my guys who required attention (food).  I chose to ignore the dishes in the sink and the full hamper of laundry that were also patiently awaiting my arrival (I guess the cleaning lady forgot to come while I was gone, ha).  It was only after I'd propped my feet up with a sigh that I remembered the mail.  Tucked between yet another letter from Medicare and a postcard offering car insurance was an envelope.  Inside I found a card that read, "Don't be discouraged!  Be firm!  Be strong!  Be a rock!"  Someone (anonymous) had written a note that began, "I know there must be days when it's more difficult for you to be strong..."  I started crying even before I noticed the Walmart gift card.
I often find myself talking about God's timing.  Over and over and over again, He makes His presence known to me.  It seems that before I even express a need, it is not only met, but filled to overflowing.  I can only pray that whoever blessed our family so abundantly will read this.  My words are inadequate to express my gratitude.
"You are my strength, I watch for you;
 you, God, are my fortress,
 my God on whom I can rely." (Psalm 59:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment