Thursday, May 26, 2011

Overcome

Once again, I find myself in awe of God's blessings and the intricate ways He continues to provide for our family.  I wish I could tell you that I sail through each day without a care in the world.  I wish I could say that I place every new obstacle at God's feet, and never look back.  I'm ashamed to say that you could often find me wide awake at 3am, unable to control the churnings within.
I often imagine God simply shaking His head each time I succumb to worry.  He must want to shake me, and remind me of the countless times He has delivered us from every peril we've faced.  He surely wonders what it will take to teach me that blind reliance on Him.
God's timing is impeccable.  When our circumstances change, or we are experiencing a particularly rough situation, the blessings are quick to follow.  I pray that I can adequately express my gratitude to those who help our family.  I pray they know how much their kindness and generosity impact our daily life.  I pray that I may obtain that peace and joy of relying on God to provide as He has promised.  I pray that I might live each day in a way that will bring glory to a God who demonstrates such compassion towards me.
"I waited patiently for the Lord;  He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;  He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many, Lord my God, are the wonders You have done, the things You planned for us.  None can compare with You;  were I to speak and tell of Your deeds, they would be too many to declare." (Psalm 40:1-3,5)

1 comment:

  1. Can I suggest a different picture for the next time you find yourself doubting? Imagine him wrapping His arms around you and holding you close as He whispers words of encouragement and hope to your weary soul. He is big enough to handle your doubts girl. Maybe He even likes the challenge! ;-)

    ReplyDelete