Thursday, May 19, 2011

Valleys


My sister shared this song with me today.  She knows me very well...the subject line of her message was "You will love this!"  Sometimes I feel as though I've not only been walking through valleys, but actually inhabiting them.  I try to remain positive and gain strength from each small improvement I see in Jason, or from the contentment I witness in Eli.  I find my footing and start the steep climb out, but often a new obstacle knocks me right back down.  Even though God has promised to walk with me...even though I've clearly seen evidence of this, I still let myself become overwhelmed by the burdens of this life.  Sometimes my expectations battle against the realities of our situation.  Often I feel weary from the daily responsibilities I face.  However, I still believe in God's purpose and plan for me.  Over and over again He has lifted me from the depths, gently brushed the dirt off, and nudged me back onto the path.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1b-3a)"

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139: 7, 9-10, 23-24)

2 comments:

  1. Donna~ Wow, I love how you express the words from your heart. What an awesome gift! I love your perspective on life, something we all need reminded of. Thank you, you are a blessing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dedicated the poem to you before I read this. I love how He is walking the path with you after He dusts you off.

    ReplyDelete