Friday, July 8, 2011

Serenity Now

I crave calmness.  I crave quiet days without chaos.  I crave long books and soothing music.  I've come to realize these longings are the direct result of too many tumultuous days.  I did not emerge from the past several years unscathed.  I am damaged, and often wonder if I will ever truly recover.
Of course, life is unavoidably loud and messy.  No one can escape drama entirely.  In order to remain fully engaged in the world around me, I often must find ways to overcome my discomfort.   I have also learned my limitations and shortcomings.  I pray that time will provide me with more adept coping skills.  However, for now I shall continue to wear my headphones while shopping at Walmart, and simply pretend I'm strolling through a meadow instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment