Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Haute Cuisine

One night after Jason and I had been dating for several weeks, I invited him over to my apartment to watch a movie.  When it was over, I decided to whip up a quick dinner before sending him on his merry way.  I simply boiled some pasta and opened a jar of sauce, per my usual gourmet endeavors.  Jason raved about this meal for days, saying it was the best pasta he'd ever eaten.  To this day, I still don't know if he was merely trying to flatter me.  Perhaps it was the bliss of my company that made it seem especially delicious. ha  Jason mentioned this meal many times throughout our marriage.
This evening, after an unusually long and tiring day, I found myself lacking the gumption to make dinner.  I'd literally been on the go for twelve hours, so the couch was beckoning me.  I finally managed to boil radiatore and microwave some Prego.  Once again, this sweet man acted as though I'd slaved over a hot stove for hours creating a culinary masterpiece. 
When I mentioned that pasta of long ago to Jason, we discovered it's one of the memories he's lost.  I assured him it was truly an amazing meal. ha  I'm so thankful for a husband who treasures even my most mundane attempts to care for him.

1 comment:

  1. He is a very smart man!
    My children laugh at my dad because at every meal he will tell the cook..."that was the best I ever ate".
    I swear it makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete