Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Safe Place

One day last week, Jason and I found ourselves driving close to the neighborhood where we used to live.  I made a comment about being so much happier in our new place.  When I asked Jason if he felt the same way, he replied, "My home is wherever you are."  After all that Jason has endured in his life, I hope to be his safe place.  I wasn't able to protect him from so many of the struggles he faced.  Often I was merely a helpless spectator.  I feel blessed that God has entrusted me with Jason's care, and pray that he will always feel content and secure.
"Where thou art, that is home." ~Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

  1. Guess we never really know what our most important job will be do we? I am so glad for Jason and Eli that they have you!!

    ReplyDelete